Many couples don’t organize themselves very well or give themselves enough time to plan, and suddenly, the wedding has already come and they aren’t prepared! Don’t let it happen to you!
Here are 8 tips for organizing, whether you want a small, family only wedding at the church house or are considering one of those beach wedding packages in Florida.
- Pick your date. This should be one of the first things that you need to decide. With just a few months to plan, this needs to be a little flexible, but you have a year or so, you’ll probably be able to do the date you wish. Remember that there are a lot of steps to get started on – from the wedding certificate to getting the dress. Give yourself some time!
- Pick your ceremony. Do you want just a civil ceremony? Religious? Outdoors or maybe in a venue?
- Make your invitation list. This is a big one that needs to be done first. You’ve got to send out all the invitations and give people time to plan. While you may want to invite everyone you know, don’t. Make sure you make your list of your priority people first – friends and family members that are close to you. That way, if you have to make a budget cut, you’ll know more easily which ones to leave off the list.
- Prioritize your ‘’to-do’s’’. This is essential. The things that take more time need to be done first. Even if you’re dying to test out cake flavors and choose designs, make sure you take care of your wedding certificate and venue first.
- The internet is your friend. From Pinterest ideas to booking venues to sending out invitations, the internet is one of your best resources. You could even consider it a bridesmaid.
- Choose the place and the menu.
- Don’t forget to thank. Send out thank you cards to everyone who helped you or gave you a gift. Does it take time? Yes. Is it also worth it? Yes.
- Consider a wedding planner.